Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Powered By Sierra Nevada

The story begins the night before when I was supposedly just going to have a couple of beers with my friend Kent. I haven't seen him in a long time so we decided to catch up and talk about our oh-so-favorite topic...our purpose in life. We met up at Tomi which is a pretty cool underground Japanese jazz bar. We started off with the usual edamames and some Asahis. Typical Japanese bar that it is, it smelled like smoke after a while so we left and headed to another Japanese bar called Sakagura. This bar is amazing. I felt like I was back in Kagurazaka in Tokyo where I lived for a while. After having one of the best sakes I've ever tasted, I headed for another bar called Black Door where I met some of my friends. I didn't want to drink anymore but they had Sierra Nevada so I couldn't resist.

Bad decision.

First, I didn't wake up for my planned morning bike ride. Second, it was my first time to ride my bike with the bike rack and the pannier attached. I rode late in the afternoon since it was already too hot when I woke up. I felt so slow the whole time. I was definitely not used to carrying the extra load. I did manage to log 30 miles around the city though. I say that's pretty good considering the extra pounds I was hauling!

Jon was in SF slacking off so it was only me this time! =)

from Columbus Circle

the fastest section of the Central Park loop

had enough of the park so I cut west (Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument)

heading north

the Little Red Lighthouse under the GW

my bike with my pannier

que pasa?

mile 30 (Exchange Place in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment