Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Le Tour de Brooklyn

Last Sunday was the day that I surpassed my own expectations. I did 2 things that I've never thought I would do in my life. One, ride around Harlem, and two, go around Brooklyn.

Training for a long distance bike ride in New York is a bit of a challenge. There are no long routes available in the city besides doing the Central Park loop over and over again which I've already done. It is even harder if you are what they call the Manhattan snob which apparently I am. I mean I know that there are some great places in the other boroughs but why cross a bridge if everything is here anyway; but honestly I don't even go above 100 so riding around Harlem was definitely an accomplishment for me!

The second half of the day I joined Jon and Bading in their own little Tour de Brooklyn. The actual Tour de Brooklyn happened in the morning but they partied too hard the night before. =) Anyhow, I wasn't really excited about this bike tour because well see above but you know what it was actually pretty fun. We started off in Coney Island, biked along the Ocean Parkway to Prospect Park, headed for Fort Greene for some Cuban food, then crossed the Williamsburg bridge to the Lower East Side for some amazing burgers at Royale!

So Sunday was definitely an adventure. Queens this weekend? Maybe. Just maybe.


this is my artistic shot

Peter Jay Sharp Boathouse (this is where you go if you want to row)

Yankeeees

next stop is Coney Island

the beach

some really tall thing

the boardwalk

prospect park

the drummers' grove

awesome cuban place!

The Human Powered Bike Blender!!!

Brooklyn!

cruisin on the bridge

cheers matey! i love my sierra!

The Royale

No comments:

Post a Comment